WORLD NEWS Head of Macau gaming regulator to step down 3 years ago Iwo Bulski Post Views: 511 He had been granted a 12-month extension when the new government led by Chief Executive Ho Iat Seng was voted in last year. The decision comes after gross gaming revenue saw a record 97% drop in April amid the coronavirus crisis. His successor is yet to be announced. Paulo Chan, director of Macau’s Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau (DICJ), will relinquish his position, Bloomberg reports, citing a spokeswoman from the Office of the Secretary for Economy and Finance. She said his successor will be announced in due course, declining to give further details. Chan was granted a 12-month extension after the new administration led by Chief Executive Ho Iat Seng was voted in last year. Macau News Agency first reported the news, which said Adriano Ho, an adviser to Macau’s Secretary for Security Wong Sio Chak, will replace Chan in June, citing unidentified people. Chan’s departure comes months before his tenure was scheduled to end on December 1 and amid a significant hit to Macau’s casinos as the pandemic discourages gamblers from traveling to crowded places. Gross gaming revenue dropped by a record 97% to 754 million patacas ($94 million) in April from a year earlier, marking the seventh straight monthly decline. While casinos have reopened after a two-week shutdown in February due to the COVID-19 outbreak, challenges arose in terms of bringing gamblers back to baccarat and roulette tables. Chan will return to work at the Office of the Prosecutor General, the spokeswoman said, where he was working previously before being appointed as the Macau gaming chief in December 2015. During his tenure, he helped steady the business when the city was seeing a free-fall in casino revenues amid a corruption crackdown in China that scared off high-stake players. Source: yogonet.com About Post Author Iwo Bulski Issues related to the gambling business is engaged in more than 30 years. My empirical experience gives me the opportunity to present events and companies from this business with full knowledge and industry knowledge. See author's posts Iwo BulskiIssues related to the gambling business is engaged in more than 30 years. My empirical experience gives me the opportunity to present events and companies from this business with full knowledge and industry knowledge. Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Email Print Tags: Covid- 19, Macau Continue Reading Previous UK – Gambling firms’ social messages are ‘thinly veiled’ advertsNext Greentube teams up with Playtech in major igaming deal More Stories EXPERTS WORLD NEWS What does the UK’s involvement look like in African business today? 9 hours ago Szarlot CASINO WORLD NEWS Novomatic to debut its NOVOVISION CMS at GAT Expo in Cartagena 2 days ago Iwo Bulski EXPERTS WORLD NEWS Record 2022 numbers for Playtech 5 days ago Iwo Bulski ONLINE WORLD NEWS TVBET enters distribution agreement with Golden Matrix Group 1 week ago Iwo Bulski ONLINE WORLD NEWS Slotegrator expands into Greece, Romania, and more with 1X2 Network 1 week ago Iwo Bulski ONLINE WORLD NEWS Pragmatic Play to exhibit as Premium sponsor in GAT Expo Cartagena 2 weeks ago Iwo Bulski ONLINE WORLD NEWS Slotegrator partners with Panga Games 2 weeks ago Iwo Bulski BETTING WORLD NEWS Parimatch suspends B2C operations in Ukraine 2 weeks ago Szarlot CASINO WORLD NEWS Celebrities who won huge money gambling 2 weeks ago Szarlot EXPERTS WORLD NEWS Belgium bans gambling advertising from July 1 3 weeks ago Szarlot GAMES WORLD NEWS Endorphina unveils latest slot title Riches of Caliph 3 weeks ago Szarlot CASINO WORLD NEWS David Orrick Receives European Casino Award 3 weeks ago Iwo Bulski Leave a Reply Cancel replyYour email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *Comment * Name * Email * Website Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Δ This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.